How to Consume Concentrates
The route of administration for cannabis concentrates varies depending on the texture or consistency of the extract.
Most concentrates can be “dabbed”, or flash vaporized, through a dab rig or nectar collector.
Some concentrates can also be added to the top of a bowl or joint, or used to make edibles.
Or you might also see concentrates in pre-filled cartridges with rechargeable or disposable vape batteries for easy and discreet consumption.
Smoke it, Vape it, Dab it – Which Route is Best for consuming concentrates?
- Dry Sift – Contains minimal plant material so it can be dabbed if it is full melt
- Kief – Since kief contains plant matter it is best smoked
- Hash – Depending on the quality, hash can be smoked or dabbed if it is full melt
- Bubble Hash – Depending on the quality, hash can be smoked or dabbed if it is full melt
- Ice Wax – Ice Wax can be smoked with flower, but dabbing or vaporizing is usually preferred
- Rosin – Rosin can be smoked with flower, but it is more flavorful when dabbed
- Live Rosin – Live Rosin can be smoked with flower, but it is more flavorful when dabbed
- Sauce – Since sauce is full of terpenes and cannabinoids it is usually best dabbed or vaporized
- Sugar – Sugar can be smoked with flower, but it is more flavorful when dabbed
- Distillate – Distillates should be dabbed or vaporized via dab rig, e-rig, or vape pen
- Crystalline “Diamonds” – THCa diamonds are usually best dabbed on their own
- Cured Resin – Cured resin can be smoked with flower, vaped in a cartridge or dabbed
- Live Resin – Live resin is best vaped in a cartridge or dabbed
- Crumble – Since the consistency is dried and crumbly it can easily be dabbed or smoked with flower
- Batter/Badder – While you can smoke Batter/Badder with flower, it is more flavorful when dabbed
- Budder – While you can smoke Budder with flower, it is more flavorful when dabbed
If you’re still feeling confused by the different concentrates or just want to learn more about cannabis, enroll in one of our online courses today.
Our modules are led by industry experts that will help break down everything you need to know so you don’t feel so overwhelmed.